Friday, March 5, 2010

If I Were Going To Shoot A Wedding...

This past Saturday, I was a second shooter at my very first wedding (as a photographer).  I was working with Josh, a photographer I met through the Garden.  He also went to Mizzou and did the Garden internship, so I think we have very similar styles.  Shooting the wedding was pretty fun.  The bride and groom were my age and just really fun/cool people.  I enjoyed putting my photo-j training to work.

I'm going to throw a lot of pictures at you now, I hope you don't get bored (you better not).  I wish I could put them in a slide show to save space, but alas, I cannot.  I do not own my own web space to upload a slideshow to and I don't want to make the pictures tiny (like my final project post was).  So bear with me, and enjoy!

Let's start with the flowers. 
Here is the box of flowers for the mothers, grandmothers, and men.


This is the bride's bouquet.

These are the bridesmaid's bouquets.

Time to put on the dress!
Are you ready?
Where'd she go?
There she is!!
Lace up the back.

Fluff up the dress.
Fix your veil.
Looks like you need some lip gloss.

Now let's check on the boys to see how they're getting along...


Eh, that's enough of them. Let's go back to the girls. 
Time to pray before the ceremony.
With some time to kill before the ceremony, I took a few goofy shots of the girls. I color accented this one just for kicks.

It's TIME!!!




You May Kiss The Bride.
And That's A Wrap.
Just so you know, I did shoot the ceremony from different angles, but I like these more traditional angles.

I love this picture. If you don't like it, please don't burst my bubble. After the ceremony, the bride and groom stood in the doorway between the church and the vestibule, so there were only two angles to shoot them from... out in the vestibule, or back in the church.  As I was walking between the two, I caught a glimpse of Katie (guess I didn't mention that's her name) through the stain glass on the door.  (Josh thought it was a good idea, too...he even snapped a few shots through the glass)
Lighting the unity candle (the reenactment)
They're so cute.

Eating the flowers??? Oh yeah, and I threw in a little color accent for fun.
Aw... I thought this picture looked best in black and white.

Busch Stadium!!!
Am I going overboard with the color accenting? I don't think so, but I'm giving them the originals in case they don't like the color accents (though I don't know why they wouldn't..)

Shall we watch the game?


And here is that shot without the color accent.
1 .. 2.. 3.. JUMP!
Gosh they're adorable.
In the Dugout
Wait, the girls are guys and the guys are girls?



Time to celebrate at the reception.

mmm...cake

This is one of the bridesmaid's bouquets.
CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN!!!




First Dance.



Father Daughter Dance
Just thought this looked cool.

Can You Guess What Dance This Is? 

(Yup, it's the YMCA)

And this song?
(Yes, All The Single Ladies)

This little old lady was awesome. 












The End.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! That's really really cool that you got to shoot a wedding. The pics looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am DEFINITELY having a fondue fountain at my wedding!!

    ReplyDelete