Thursday, June 30, 2011

Stacy's Wedding

Ok, this post is mostly for my friend, Emily.  Emily, I took most of these photos for you to help give you ideas for your wedding next year.  


This is a picture of me, just because.  
(not a good photo day for me)


I stayed at Carlie's for the weekend, so I brought her as my 'date.'


I didn't get any pictures of the ceremony.  I really didn't want to be one of those people who thinks they're going to get a great shot with their dinky point and shoot camera when in reality they just get in the way of the real photographer. Wow, that sounded harsh...let me revise that statement. I wanted to sit and enjoy the wedding. This was the first wedding in a long time that I was a guest and not a photographer.

Carlie and I were at a table with some really fun people.  The food was amazing!! Take note Emily because you know it's not very often that I rave about food. The hors d'oeuvres were my favorite part.  BBQ Meatballs, goat cheese & dill puffs, and assorted quiche.  My only problem was there wasn't enough of them!  The salad was good.  The dinner was good but a lot, I had the chicken and steak...um yeah..too much for me, so I ate the chicken.  I didn't have room for the cake that night, but the waiter gave me a take-home box, so I ate it the next day...it was decent.  I ate the ice cream, though I wasn't hungry, but you know me...can't pass up ice cream.  I saved the menu for you, Emily.  Since it was in Illinois, I doubt you can find the same caterers, but might give you some good ideas.

I also saved the table stuff for you.  Ok, picture time.


I thought this ice sculpture was pretty.



The cake topper was adorable.


I'm pretty sure the table numbers were on love birds...I'll have to confirm that with Stacy though.


Here's a photo of what the tables looked like.


gotta get a little artsy with it


Here's a photo of me and Stacy.  Look at her, not me.  She looked amazing that day! Me on the other hand...for some reason my camera did not like me that day.


Well, that's it for Stacy's wedding.  Sorry, I was too busy dancing (Carlie had to drag me onto the dance floor) to take a lot of pictures...

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! The ice sculpture looks amazing! And I wish I could just taste that cake, it looks very much tempting. This post reminds me that I have to look for an event space NYC for my best friend’s bachelorette party. Anyways, it was wonderful coming across this post and you guys look gorgeous in these pictures.

    ReplyDelete