Thursday, June 30, 2011

Work, work, work

It's recently been brought to my attention that people (cough-cough-Matt Cafferata), have been complaining about my lack of postings lately.  I'm sorry, this summer is flying by and I've been so busy I didn't even realize it's been a couple months since I've last posted!  I haven't been out shooting for fun lately - just lots of photos and video for work.  In a little bit, I'm going to post about the two weddings I went to in June.  They were both out of town, and I didn't feel like bringing the nice camera, so the images you'll see will be from the point and shoot.  I know, I know...I need to plan a trip to the zoo or Botanical Gardens ASAP.  So I'll get to those, but right now I want to share with you some videos I made for work.


The first is a video of Jeremy Simonds.  It's really a combination of photos, audio and music.  It's a day in the life video, like the ones of Sue and Sharon.  Jeremy is a maintenance man at St. Anthony's, and I gotta tell ya, if I ever need anything fixed, he's the guy I'd call (well, if my dad wasn't available).  But seriously, Jeremy is a really nice guy and I think the project turned out well.  It's on St. Anthony's website now, but I'm pretty sure it's moving to the front page tomorrow, so that's exciting.  I'm posting the video to the blog, but it's small, so here's the link to the video on our YouTube channel:


http://www.youtube.com/SAMCstl#p/u/1/X_9OgJp7o_Y




The next video I want to share is about the Fern & Ruessell F. de Greeff Hospice House.  It's a little on the long side, about 6 1/2 minutes, but I think the interviews are really compelling.  (If you watch it, keep in mind that I shot it using a flipcam, so the sound isn't as good as I'd like.)  Listening to these people who had a loved one stay at this place during their last days made me wish that we would've had a place to go for that kind of support when my grandpa was on hospice last year.

http://www.youtube.com/SAMCstl#p/u/0/33NSFwvH20U



No comments:

Post a Comment